Prep Time : 10 mins
Wait Time: nothing
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Serves 4 people.
For White sauce : butter 1tbsp, all purpose flour (maida) 1 tbsp, cold milk 1 cup, pinch of salt, pinch of red chilly flake.
For Red sauce : olive oil 1 tbsp, blanched 3-4 medium sized tomato, chopped garlic 4-5 cloves, onion chopped 1 medium, basil dried 1tsp or fresh basil 3-4 chopped, oregano 1tsp, salt and pepper to taste, sugar 1tsp.
Other ingredients : penne or fusilli pasta around 200 gm, broccoli, mushroom, spinach, corn, cheese( preferably Parmesan and mozzarella).
Blanched tomato: boil the tomatoes in hot water for 8-10 minutes.
Other veggies like carrot, zucchini, etc can be used.
you can make the pasta either with white or red and mix up both for variants.
- Boil the pasta as instructed in the packet. Usually 10-12 mins. Strain and retain some pasta water.
- Chop the vegetables. Broccoli medium sized, mushroom in quarters, spinach chopped.
- white sauce : In a sauce pan, over a medium heat, add butter and all purpose flour, keep stirring for about 20 secs, do not brown, add cold milk and stir it continuously to form a semi thick sauce. Add salt and chilly flakes. Keep aside.
- Blanch the broccoli and corn and keep aside.
- Stir fry mushroom and spinach in tsp of oil. Keep aside.
- Purée the blanched tomatoes.
- Red sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, chilly flakes, onions and fry till translucent, do not brown, add tomato purée. Add sugar salt pepper basil and oregano. Cook till it looses all the water and dries up. Add pasta water for desired consistency.
- Add the white sauce and stir continuously for the sauce to not split. Add the veggies and mix it properly. Add the cheese and mix.
- Serve as it is or with delicious garlic breads.
On a last moment plan to Bhutan where there is chill in the air and chilly in their food.. Couldn’t capture all the beauty but whatever I did is amazing. Travelled during sep,2017. Shot on one+5 phone.
Hyderabad is we’ll know for paradise biryani and Charminar. Few moments captured on my short tour. Travelled in October,2017. ( Shots by my one+ 5).
Land of amazing sunsets, cool people, beautiful churches and fort and delicious seafood. All these moments captured on my one+ 5 camera in Dec,2017.
Prep Time : 60 mins
Wait Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time : 20- 30 mins
Makes 35 medium sized cutlets
For Cutlets : Potato medium sized – 3 (boiled and peeled), carrot – 2 ( grated), beet root – 1 (grated), cauliflower- 2 floret pieces (grated), beans – 4/5 chopped, fresh green peas(handful), peanuts(handful), ginger -1″ chopped, garlic -3 cloves chopped, onion – 1 chopped, green chilly- 1/2 chopped, coriander leaf chopped, salt to taste, chilly powder – 1Tbsp, turmeric powder-1 tsp, cumin powder- 1 tsp, coriander Powder – 1Tbsp, amchur powder -1Tbsp, Garam masala powder-1 tsp, pepper powder-1tsp, maida-2Tbsp, bread crumbs -1.5cups, oil for frying +2tsp, cumin+mustard seeds for tempering.
- Boil the potatoes and then peel and grate/mash it. Grate carrots, beet root,cauliflower and keep aside.
- Chop rest of the vegetables beans, onion, green chilly, coriander leaf.
- In a pan, add 2 tsp of oil, add jeera and mustard seeds, add chopped green chilly, ginger, garlic, onion and peanuts and fry till lightly brown. Add all the grated vegetables and cook them till moisture in the vegetable dries up.
- Then add all the masalas, cook for 2 minutes. Add salt to taste. Then add mashed potatoes. Mix till well combined. Remove from heat and leave it to cool, add coriander leafs.
- Make small tikki’s or round balls, keep aside.
- Prepare a batter of maids+water+ pinch of salt and pepper( pouring consistency). Put the bread crumbs in a plate. Dip the tikki’s in the batter and drop it in bread crumbs to coat it completely. Shake the tikkis lightly in your hands to remove extra bread crumbs. Refrigerate the tikkis for 15 mins and repeat the coating process. After this refrigerator the tikkis for 30 mins.
- In a frying pan, put oil for frying and heat it to medium. Fry till it turns golden brown. Serve hot With tomato ketchup.
- The uncooked tikkis can be stored in refrigerator for 2-3 days covered .
- The masalas can be increased or decreased to ur taste.
- Except potato, beet, carrot, beans and peas all other vegetables are optional. You can even add capsicum and sweet corn.