Here’s an easy peasy quick recipe and yes with very less ingredients.
Prep Time : 5 mins
Wait Time: NA
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Broccoli 1 medium sized, milk 1/2 cup, water 1.5 cup, cream 1/2 cup, butter 2 tsp, olive oil 1tsp, garlic chopped 1tbsp, onion 1 small chopped, salt to taste, pepper to taste, pinch of paprika, pinch of chilli flakes, Italian seasoning, cheddar cheese 1/4 cup.
- Remove the florets from broccoli and keep aside. Chop the stalk and leaves.
- In a pan add 1tsp of olive oil and 1tsp of butter. Add chopped onion, garlic and chopped broccoli stalks and leaves. Cook it it starts changing colour. Add salt, some pepper, paprika, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes. Stir for a minute. Add 1/2 cup water, bring to boil and cook covered for 2-4 min till broccoli looks cooked.
- Remove from heat and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Again put the pan on heat, add 1tdp of butter, add florets and cook on high heat till it develops a little caramelization. Season it with salt and pepper. Add the paste, mix properly. After a soft boil, add milk cream and water to get desired consistency. Bring it to a boil, add cheddar cheese. Remove from heat.
- Serve it in a soup bowl, add a little paprika, cheddar and a friend broccoli as topping. Voila happy food it is.
– Instead of broccoli one can add mushroom or corn or in any combination.
– Instead of italian seasoning, one can add rosemary or basil, accordingly to your taste and preference.