Prep Time : 20 mins
Wait Time: NA
Cooking Time : 55 mins
14 -16 slices.
All purpose flour or maida 1cup, salt a pinch, baking soda 1/2 tsp, 2 eggs at room temperature, powdered sugar or castor sugar 3/4 cup, vanilla essence 1tsp, vegetable oil 3/4 cup, sugar 1/2 cup (for caramelization), luke warm water 1/4 cup, grated carrot 1 cup, chopped dates 1 cup, walnut chopped 1/2 cup, 1tsp maida or all purpose flour.
- Set the oven to 180 c and preheat for min 10 min.
- Put the sugar in a sauce pan and caramelize it and then add warm water in it. Let it cool completely.
- Seive the maida, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- Break the eggs and add powdered sugar and mix using a whisk or hand mixer till the egg mixture changes to pale in color.
- Add vanilla essence and vegetable oil and mix for a minute or two.
- Add caramel mixture and mix for a minute.
- Add the flour mixture and mix till well combined.
- Mix the carrots, dates and walnut separately with 1tsp of maida. Then add this mixture to the flour mixture.
- Mix everything till well combined. Don’t overmix.
- In an 8* 8 pan or 9*5 loaf pan well greased, put the flour mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in comes out clean. Remove the pan and cool it completely.
- Slice it out and moist carrot date cake is ready.
- add cashew or almonds or mixture of anything (nuts) in the mixture to ur liking.