Tempting Caramel Custard!!!!
Prep Time : 10 mins
Baking Time : 30-50 mins
Bake Temp : 350-360F
For Custard: Eggs -2 large, Milk -1 cup, Vanilla essence -1 tsp, Sugar – 2 Tbsp, Sugar for caramelizing -2 Tbsp, 2 Ramekins or any mold(9 oz).
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take sugar in a pan for caramelizing. Add few drops of water(if trying or the 1st time). Put it in medium heat till sugar dissolves and turns reddish brown. Do not overdo. Divide the caramel in 2 ramekins and set aside to set.
- In a clean bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and sugar till combined. Heat milk to lukewarm and add to the egg mixture, mixing continuously. Pour the mixture in the ramekins. Cover the ramakins using foils.
- Place the ramekins in a water bath of 1/2″ and place it in the oven. Depending on the oven type it can take 30-50 min. Check every 2-3 minutes till a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Leave it to cool at room temperature and then refrigerate overnight or for 5-6 hrs. Run a knife to loosed the custard from ramekin. place a plate on it and turn it upside down. Delicious caramel custard is ready to serve.
- alternately, use pressure cooker to cook the pudding. Take a pressure cooker which should fit the ramakins. Place the ramakins over a stand inside pressure cooker. Pour 1 inch of water. And close the lid without whistle. Put it on high flame for 5 min and then low flame for 20 min or until toothpicks inserted comes out clean.