Prep Time : 30 mins
Rest Time: 2 hours + 1 hour 30 mins
Cooking Time : 25-30 mins
Bake Temp : 350 F
Makes 14-16 rolls.
For dough: Warm Water 1/4 cup(115 degree), Dry Active yeast 1 pkt, Whole milk 3/4 cup, Granulated sugar 1/4 cup, Vanilla extract 1/4 tsp, Eggs 1, Unsalted butter 1/4 cup, Salt 1tsp, All purpose flour 4 cup, Melted butter to brush over the top for baking 1/4 cup.
For filling: Brown sugar 3/4 cup, Unsalted Butter 1/3 cup, Granulated sugar 1/4 cup, Ground Cinnamon 1 1/2 Tbsp.
For Glaze: Cream cheese 1/4 cup(room temp), Butter 1 Tbsp, Powdered sugar 1 1/4 cup, Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp, Warm Milk 2-3 Tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add yeast to warm water along with sugar(1 tsp), mix and rest for while till it froths(takes 5-10 min).
- Mix the yeast mixture to 2 cups of flour along with egg, milk, salt, sugar and melted butter.Mix till incorporated, then add slowly 2 more cups of flour for 7-10 min forming a smooth dough.
- .Oil a large bowl and keep the dough covered in a warm place for 2 hrs to rise.
- In a small bowl mix the filling ingredient except butter and keep aside.
- After the dough doubled in size, punch the dough And roll to a flat bread making a circle. Spread the soft butter and sprinkle the cinnamon mixture evenly.
- Start rolling the dough tightly starting from one of the long ends. cut into 14-18 even slices and place the cut ends down in a 9*13 baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put at a warm spot for 1 1/2 hours.
- Once risen, brush with butter and bake it at 350 F for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In the mean while prepare the glaze. Mix all ingredients of glaze except milk, once all are mixed, slowly add milk to get running glaze consistency..
- Immediately pour the glaze over the rolls and enjoy it at breakfast or any time of the day.