Pleasing to the eyes and delicious to our taste buds, todays special is Garlic Naan with a twist.
Prep Time : 15 mins
Rest Time: 1 hour 30 mins-2 hours
Cooking Time : 25-30 mins
Bake Temp : 400 F
Makes naans to serve 2-3 people.
For Naan dough: Warm Water 1/4 cup, Active yeast 1/2 Tbsp, Olive oil/Vegetable oil 1 Tbsp, Salt to taste, All purpose flour 1 and 1/2 cup, water for kneading.
For garlic coating: Crushed Garlic 3 Tbsp, Unsalted Butter 2 Tbsp, Italian herb mix 1 tsp, Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Add yeast to warm water along with oil and salt, mix and rest for while till it froths.
- Mix the yeast mixture to flour along with extra water to form a soft dough. It will take around 8-10 min. The dough is ready when an thumb impression bounces back. Cover and keep it in a warm place to double in volume.
- Add crushed garlic to butter at room temperature along with herbs, salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
- After about an hour check the dough, if doubled in size, knead the dough And divide it into 2 balls. Roll a ball to a flat bread making a circle.
- To the flat bread add generous amount of butter garlic mixture and spread over the complete surface.
- Hold it from one side and roll it tightly.Then cut the roll at 1 inch intervals. Flatten or spread a little and place it in a baking tray at 1 inch apart from each other. Cover and Keep it in a warm place for 45 min – 1 hour.
- Bake the rolls for 25-30 mins, flipping the rolls in between.
- Remove the tray and apply some more garlic butter to rolls. And your delicious Garlic Naan are ready to serve.
I have served these delicious Garlic Naan with chicken korma.