What to store something for midnight cravings or easy snacks, here’s an answer to everything. BlueBerry Muffins.
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 20-25 mins
Bake Temp : 400 F
Makes 12 large sized muffins.
For muffins: Unsalted Butter/Vegetable Oil 1/3 cup, Sugar 3/4 cup, Salt 1/2 tbsp, 1 big Egg, Vanilla extract 1 Tbsp, Milk 1/3 cup, All purpose flour 1 and 1/2 cup, Baking Soda 2 tbsp, Fresh/Frozen Blueberries 1/4 cup.
For sugar crumb coating: Unsalted Butter/Vegetable Oil 1/4 cup, Sugar 1/2 cup, All purpose flour 1/3 cup, Cinnamon powder 1 and 1/2 tbsp.
For icing: Heavy whipping cream 1 cup, Sugar(white) 3 tbsp, Vanilla extract 1 tbsp, Fresh/Frozen Blueberries 1/2 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Melt the butter in a mixing bowl in an oven or sauce pan. Remove and cool down a bit. Add egg and mix, then vanilla. Add milk and mix well.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Add salt and sugar.Mix well.
- Start mixing the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Do not over mix but form a smooth dough/batter.
- Add blueberries in the batter.
- In a cupcake tray grease or place butter cups. Fill the cups just more than half.
- To make sugar crumb: Add all the ingredients with the help of a fork. Sprinkle over the muffins before baking.
- Bake the muffins in preheated oven till the top are golden brown. The time may vary between 20-25 mins.
- Remove the tray and keep it for cooling. And your delicious Blueberry muffins are ready to serve as it is.
- For icing: Put cream in a mixing bowl, start whisking with a balloon whisker. Add sugar and vanilla in between. When you start whipping, large bubbles will form on top. After a minute or two the bubbles will disappear and the cream to start thickening up. the whole process may take 5-6 mins. To know the exact consistency, take the whisk and check if it forms soft peaks. You can use the icing as it is or add blueberry paste(grind the blueberries in a mixer grinder and add to the whipped cream).Put it in a piping bag and design your muffins. Place a blueberry or black grape on top.
Awesome Blueberry muffins are ready to eat… Just blueberry muffins or blueberry muffins with icing or blueberry muffins with sugar crumb coat or all three combined… 🙂