Pizza it is!!! Healthy, yummy and comfort food. Easy to make. Children please-er and adults pleasure.
Prep Time : 1 hr 30 mins(mostly waiting time for proofing)
Cooking Time : 12-15 mins
Bake Temp : 400 F
Makes a 12″ by 8″ square pizza
For Pizza Base: 1 cup of wheat flour, 2 Tbsp all purpose floor, Sugar 1 tbsp, Salt 1/2 tbsp, 1 tbsp Instant yeast or 2 tbsp of dry active yeast, 2 Tbsp Luke warm water, 2 Tbsp olive oil.
For Pesto Sauce: 1 cup basil leaves, 1/2 cup Olive oil, 1/3 cup almond or any kind of nuts, 2 garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste
Toppings: Red, Yellow and green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushroom, mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take luke warm water, add salt, sugar and yeast. Keep aside for 10 mins or till it froths.
- Mix wheat and all purpose flour, make a well in the center, add 1 Tbsp oil and yeast mix. Make a smooth dough. use the remaining oil to coat the dough, cover the vessel with cling wrap or muslin cloth and store it in a warm place.(Hint: inside a microwave).
- Leave for 40 min-1 hr, until when dough doubles in size. Punch the air and then again keep for proofing for 15-20 mins.
- Take clean and washed basil leaves in a mixer grinder, add almonds and garlic. Keep mixing with adding little bit of oil at a time. Add salt and pepper to your preference. Prefer keeping it crushed and not paste it. Keep aside.
- When the dough is ready, roll it using rolling pin to a 1/2 cm thick square or round flat bread. with the help of fork make incisions at intervals on the bread. place the bread on a pizza tray or stone or any baking surface.
- Add generous amount of pesto sauce to the surface.
- Grate mozzarella cheese over it and cover it to your preference(cheesy/extra cheesy ;))
- Slice red/yellow/green bell peppers/mushroom and half the cherry tomatoes, decorate the pizza at your will. Drizzle some olive oil on top. Sprinkle some salt and Italian sizzling. Add chilli flakes if you love spicy.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 min or till the base is crispy and the cheese has turned light golden brown. Yummilicious PIZZA ready.
1. You can prepare the pizza dough in a day advance and store it in a air tight container in the refrigerator. Before baking make sure to bring it to room temperature.
2. The pesto sauce can also be created in advance and kept refrigerated.